BlueCreation introduces BC127, the only Bluetooth 4.0 Audio module in the market, with performances in a league of its own. BC127 connects to iOS devices, includes the latest versions of HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, PBAP, SPP and is Bluetooth certified.... More info
Bluetooth shipments in 2013
InStat published their annual Bluetooth report with a positive outlook.
More than 2 Billion Bluetooth chips will shipped in 2013. Some of the key findings are below:
1) Classic Bluetooth technology will remain dominant in phones indefinitely.
2) Bluetooth 3.0, a new high-speed standard that combines Bluetooth with Wi-Fi, entered into the market in mobile phones in 2010
3) PMPs, game consoles, and game controllers are the main drivers of CE growth.
4) Bluetooth in autos becoming common in mid-size sedans that are the sweet spot of automotive market.
5) Industrial/medical growth will be driven by Bluetooth Low Energy.
More information can be found here.